Aug 09, 2021
Keto Browned Butter Squash & Sage Pizza
- 1 Cappello’s Keto Pizza Crust
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 8-10 sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 420 F. Place baking sheet on middle rack while oven preheats.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta, herbs, spices, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Stir together until combined and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until butter has browned and smells nutty, about 4-5 minutes. Add the squash to the pan and stir to coat with the browned butter. Sauté 10-12 minutes, or until the squash is cooked through and begins to brown.
- Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the top of the frozen crust. Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan evenly over the top, then top with the butternut squash and pepitas.
- Place pizza directly on the preheated baking sheet. Cook 11-14 minutes, or until cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
Nutrition Facts (Per Pizza)
- Total Fat: 139g
- Saturated Fat: 54g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 26g
- Total Carbs: 53g
- Dietary Fiber: 24g
- Net Carbs: 29g
- Protein: 71g