Aug 06, 2019
Spaghetti + Meatballs for Two
- 1 package Cappello’s Spaghetti
- Spaghetti Sauce:
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes with basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Drain tomatoes, setting the juices aside in a separate bowl. Place tomatoes in a food processor and pulse for 20-30 seconds, until finely chopped.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, and cook until soft and just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 30 seconds more. Stir in tomatoes and reserved juices. Season with salt, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low, add bay leaf, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in basil and oregano, and season with pepper, Remove from heat and remove and discard bay leaf.
- To make the meatballs, combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until well combined. Form into 2-inch meatballs.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs over medium heat 5-8 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Serve warm with meatballs, sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes