Website Privacy Notice
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our Site, we collect certain information from users.
Information We Collect
In operating our Site, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide directly to us by purchasing products from our Site, including your name, address, telephone number, email address and details about your purchase. We do not collect or maintain your payment information. Your payment is processed through our third-party vendor. In order to make a payment to Cappello’s you may need to provide personal information to our third-party payment processors. Such personal information may include your name, address and credit card information.
- If you choose to review our products, we may collect your name, email address, the rating you assign, product information, and a photograph.
- Your email address if you choose to sign-up for our newsletter.
- Your username and password if you choose to create an account with us.
- Information about you that you enter through Amazon or Google if you choose to sign in to your account through one of these third parties.
- Information that you submit to us if you contact our Support Team.
- We may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail and SMS messages from us if your computer or phone supports such capabilities. You can opt out of receiving messages from us by clicking on the link provided in such email or SMS message.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
By submitting a telephone number to Cappello’s you agree that a representative of Cappello’s can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our products and/or services.
A “cookie” is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, this cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us and our affiliates to improve our Site. They present the content from our Site in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Site.
We do not track our users across time or across websites.
We do not use flash cookies on our Site.
Google Analytics and AdWords
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Third Party Advertising
We might also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the site and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site or with our ads across third party sites. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, the browser type, or other statistical information. Sometimes this information may include personal information. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our site, the links and other actions you take on our site, and we may use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
If you have any questions about cookies you can go to www.youradchoices.com to find out more about cookies and data technologies.
We occasionally embed links from Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Amazon and Facebook. These Third-Party websites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. Cappello’s does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and/or services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our services and/or products;
- To fulfil or meet the reason you provided the information;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our Site;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of our Site traffic and usage patterns;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations;
- To analyze trends;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
To secure your information, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide products and/or services to you. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our products and/or services. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties, such as:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information, including, but not limited to, pursuant to a valid subpoena, order, search warrant or other law enforcement request.
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. These include but are not limited to:
- Shopify: to power our shopping cart. If you want to learn more about Shopify’s privacy practices, which are different than ours, please visit Shopify’s privacy notice
- Yotpo: store reviews and share on site
- Klayvio: segment users based on purchase characteristics and retarget
- Postscript: segment users based on purchase characteristics and retarget
- Facebook: targeting and retargeting as described herein
- Google: targeting and retargeting as described below
- Zendesk: for customer service
We may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions.
Where we disclose personal information for a purpose set forth herein, we enter a contract with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third-party recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Third Party Websites
By accessing third party websites through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Site is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using our Site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these Terms on their behalf.
California’s Shine the Light Law
If you reside in California and have provided personally identifiable information to us, as applicable, you may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s Shine the Light law. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: Cappello’s, 3136 Larimer Street, Denver, CO 80205 or call 844-353-2863.
3136 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80205
Effective Date: July 15th, 2021