Jun 08, 2021
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust, thawed
- For the Au Jus:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- For Assembly:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 4-6 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound roast beef
- Make the au jus. In a small saucepan placed on a stove set to medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add shallots and cook until translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to serve.
- For assembly, cut the crust in half and spread the outsides with melted butter. Lay 2-3 pieces of provolone on the bottom, followed by the roast beef, then 2-3 more slices of provolone. Top with the other half of the crust.
- Place the assembled sandwich on a hot panini press and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted and grill marks appear.
- Serve warm, with a side of au jus.
Kids Can Do
- Layer the cheese onto the crust
- Add the meat on top of the cheese