May 21, 2021
National Pizza Party Day: Meatball and Banana Pepper Pizza
- 1 Cappello's Naked Pizza Crust
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- A few thin slices of onion
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Add the sausage, beef, onion, parmesan, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic and egg to a bowl and mix with your hands to combine.
- Roll the meatball mixture into 6 equal-sized balls and bake for 15-20 minutes.*
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly; then slice the meatball into 4 pieces.
- Spread the sauce onto the pizza then sprinkle with cheese and top with meatball slices, banana peppers and onion.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until your desired crispiness is reached.
- *Makes enough meatballs for 2 pizzas
Kids Can Do
- Mix and roll meatballs
- Sprinkle the cheese
- Arrange the toppings