Dec 03, 2021
Almond Joy Cookies
- 1 package Cappello’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- For the frosting:
- 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- For decorating:
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, toasted
- Divide cookie dough into 12 rounds.
- Place cookies on a lined or sprayed baking sheet and cook at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- While cookies are cooling, make the frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add powdered sugar, butter, coconut extract, whipping cream, coconut extract, and salt. Turn to medium-high and whip until light and smooth.
- Frost cookies and top with toasted coconut and almonds.
Kids Can Do
- Help make the frosting
- Decorate the tops of the cookies with the almonds + coconut