Nov 13, 2020
Apple Cranberry Pizza
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust Pizza
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack while the oven preheats.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all ingredients for the almond cream. Stir to combine and spread evenly over the crust. Place pizza on a preheated baking sheet and bake until the crust begins to brown and almond cream has set, 11-15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, make the apple topping. In a medium sauté pan melt the butter. Add apples, cranberries, orange juice, sugar, orange zest, and cinnamon. Place on a stove set to medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until apples are translucent and cranberries begin to pop, 5-8 minutes.
- Top crust with apple cranberry mixture and toasted sliced almonds. Dust with powdered sugar, slice, and serve warm.
Kids Can Do
- Help whisk the almond cream
- Scoop the apple mixture onto the crust
- Top with almonds and powdered sugar