Sep 24, 2019
Apple Pie Pillows (No Sugar Added, Paleo-Friendly)
- 1 package Cappello’s Lasagna Sheets, thawed if frozen
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored, and cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons ghee, divided
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon water
- Optional: Date Syrup, Vanilla Ice Cream
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and sprinkle with salt and cinnamon. Sauté until apples are softened, about 5 minutes. Add in water, and continue cooking until apples are soft and sticky, 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut lasagna sheets in half. Spoon 1 tablespoon of apple mixture in the center of 6 lasagna sheets. Brush edges with water, and top with a second lasagna sheet. Pinch edges together to seal well (they will not puff up if there are any air holes), and trim away excess dough. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon melted ghee.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of date syrup and vanilla ice cream, as desired.
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes