Mar 29, 2021
Avocado Pesto Spaghetti
- 1 8-ounce package Cappello’s Spaghetti, frozen
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ripe avocado, skin & pit removed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- For the Roasted Tomatoes:
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- For Finishing:
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Make the roasted tomatoes. Toss tomatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Evenly spread tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake until tomatoes blister, 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add basil, water, pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, avocado, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to the jar of a blender or food processor.
- Blend until very smooth, adjusting seasoning as needed.
- Add spaghetti to a 3-quart pot of boiling water with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Stir to separate the strands. Pasta will cook in approximately 90 seconds.
- Drain the spaghetti and rinse it under cold water. Add it to the pesto. Stir until noodles are coated. Top with roasted tomatoes and basil and serve.
Kids Can Do
- Measure out ingredients
- Add ingredients to pan
- Help toss the noodles and sauce