Apr 19, 2018
Baby Kale Pesto Pizza
Walnut & Baby Kale Pesto Cheese Pizza Cheese pizza is a classic. Earthy, salty, and perfectly indulgent. But sometimes, I crave a little “extra.” This bright and bold baby kale pesto is just the vibrant contrast I desired when I hit the kitchen to jazz up my Cappello’s grain-free cheese pizza. You’ll have a little bit of pesto from this recipe leftover, which makes the perfect dip for your favorite veggies, or sauce for tossing your favorite noodles in.
- 1 Cappello’s Cheese Pizza
- 1 batch baby kale pesto (recipe below)
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Baby Kale Pesto Ingredients:
- 3 cups packed baby kale
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Position an oven rack and baking sheet to the lowest level, and preheat to 450 F.
- Add all pesto ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend on medium-low power until the pesto reaches your desired consistency. Stop to scrape down the sides as needed, and test for S&P. If you like a thinner, more drizzle-worthy pesto, continue to add lemon juice and olive oil. If you prefer a dollop-style pesto, use the provided ratios and adjust spices and walnuts as needed.
- Remove the pizza from the freezer and packaging, and decorate with spoonfuls of pesto until desired amount is reached (about ½-¾ of the pesto).
- Carefully place pizza on the baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Remove pizza from oven, and garnish with fresh basil and lemon zest. Enjoy immediately!
- Original recipe by Leesa from The Purposeful Plate