Apr 26, 2020
BBQ Jackfruit Pulled Pork Pizza with Pineapple and Jalapeno
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup acv
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, divided
- 1 cup jackfruit, we recommend the Jackfruit Co
- 1 cup pizza cheese
- 1/2 jalapeno, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, optional
Preheat oven to 425.
In a small sauce pan, sauté the onions in the oil until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
Add in the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, 1/4 cup of the pineapple chunks; mix well and cook for about 10 minutes.
Add in the jackfruit and cook for another 5 minutes.
Scoop 3/4 of the BBQ Jackfruit onto the crust; top with cheese then add the remaining BBQ mixture.
Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of pineapple and jalapeño.
Bake for 11-13 minutes; remove from the oven and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Kids Can Do:
- Help to stir the the BBQ sauce ingredients together
- Sprinkle the cheese
- Arrange the pineapple chunks