Jul 17, 2020
Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
4 slices thick cut bacon
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 cups peanut butter ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet. Arrange the bacon on the wire rack and lightly pack the brown sugar on top of the bacon to create a thin layer.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the brown sugar has melted and the bacon is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes then dice into small pieces.
- Working over a medium bowl, remove the cookie dough from packaging and break apart into small pieces, then add in the diced candied bacon and mix to combine the bacon into the dough.
- Using your hands, make 10 evenly-sized cookies and place them on a lined baking sheet pressing them down into a cookie shape before baking.
- Place the tray into a 350 degree oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with flaky salt if desired and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, scoop about 1/4 cup of the ice cream onto the bottom cookie then gently and slowly press the top cookie onto the ice until it reaches the edges.
- Chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes and enjoy.
Kids Can Do
- Sprinkle the brown sugar
- Break apart the dough
- Shape the cookies
- Scoop the ice cream
- Gently press the sandwiches