Apr 24, 2019
Tapas Pizza with Sheep’s Milk Cheese
1 Cappello’s Naked Crust
9 Ounces of Ground Chorizo Sausage (Cooked)
14 Ounce Jar/Can of Artichoke Hearts (Drained and Cut into Quarters)
1 Roasted Sweet Red Pepper cut into strips
1 Roasted Sweet Yellow Pepper cut into strips
2.5 Ounces of thinly sliced Serrano Ham (or Prosciutto)
3.5 Ounces finely grated Sheep’s Milk Cheese (we love Carr Valley's Cave-aged Marisa cheese)
Combination of Black and Green Pitted Olives (sliced)
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. (place your pizza pan in the oven during the preheating process for a crisper crust.)
2. While the oven is preheating cook the chorizo in a skillet over low heat on the stove stirring occasionally.
3. Break up the chorizo with a spatula while it is cooking as you would with ground beef.
4. When the chorizo is fully cooked drain the fat which will leave you with approximately 4.5 ounces of cooked chorizo. Set the drained chorizo aside allowing it to cool.
5. Remove the wrapping from the naked crust pizza and place it on your work surface.
6. Drizzle the olive oil on the pizza crust and with your hand or a paper towel spread the olive on the crust to cover.
7. Use the cooked chorizo as your base layer spreading it on the crust.
8. Place the artichoke hearts, red and yellow peppers, black and green olives, and
Serrano ham (or Prosciutto) on to your crust.
9. Remove your preheated pizza pan from the oven and carefully place your pizza with toppings on the hot pan.
10. Drizzle the freshly squeezed lemon juice over the toppings and place in the oven to bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
11. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle the grated sheep milk Manchego cheese on the pizza.
12. Put the cheese covered pizza back into the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and begins to brown.
13. Remove from the oven and cool the pizza for a minute or two before slicing.
Original recipe by Laura Waldo