Apr 24, 2019
Tapas Pizza with Sheep’s Milk Cheese
Original recipe by Laura Waldo
- 1 Cappello’s Naked Crust
- 9 Ounces of Ground Chorizo Sausage (Cooked)
- 14 Ounce Jar/Can of Artichoke Hearts (Drained and Cut into Quarters)
- 1 Roasted Sweet Red Pepper cut into strips
- 1 Roasted Sweet Yellow Pepper cut into strips
- 2.5 Ounces of thinly sliced Serrano Ham (or Prosciutto)
- 3.5 Ounces finely grated Sheep’s Milk Cheese (we love Carr Valley's Cave-aged Marisa cheese)
- Combination of Black and Green Pitted Olives (sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. (place your pizza pan in the oven during the preheating process for a crisper crust.)
- While the oven is preheating cook the chorizo in a skillet over low heat on the stove stirring occasionally.
- Break up the chorizo with a spatula while it is cooking as you would with ground beef.
- When the chorizo is fully cooked drain the fat which will leave you with approximately 4.5 ounces of cooked chorizo. Set the drained chorizo aside allowing it to cool.
- Remove the wrapping from the naked crust pizza and place it on your work surface.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the pizza crust and with your hand or a paper towel spread the olive on the crust to cover.
- Use the cooked chorizo as your base layer spreading it on the crust.
- Place the artichoke hearts, red and yellow peppers, black and green olives, and Serrano ham (or Prosciutto) on to your crust.
- Remove your preheated pizza pan from the oven and carefully place your pizza with toppings on the hot pan.
- Drizzle the freshly squeezed lemon juice over the toppings and place in the oven to bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle the grated sheep milk Manchego cheese on the pizza.
- Put the cheese covered pizza back into the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool the pizza for a minute or two before slicing.