Mar 13, 2020
Caramelized Onion and Herbed Goat Cheese Pizza
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 3 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 oz goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat, heat 2 tbsp of oil and add onion and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove from the stovetop when done; set aside.
- While the onion cooks down, add the goat cheese, garlic, thyme, basil and parsley to a bowl and mix, gently pressing the herbs into the cheese as you stir; set aside.
- Place the crust on a baking sheet and cook for 7-8 minutes or until beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and brush with remaining oil then top with mozzarella, onions and goat cheese, layering them as you go.
- Finished cooking for 5-7 minutes or until desired crispiness has been achieved.