Sep 29, 2020
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cannoli Cups
- 1 package Cappello's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate shavings, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Divide the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough between six 3-inch tart molds. Make sure to firmly press the dough into each shell.
- Place shells onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake 10-12 minutes, or until tart edges are baked through. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before assembling tarts.
- While the tarts are cooling, make the filling.
- In a small mixing bowl add the chilled heavy whipping cream. Use a handheld mixer to whip cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add ricotta, powdered sugar, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Use a spatula to gently fold whipped cream into ricotta mixture. Don't overmix the filling or it will deflate!
- Once tart shells are cooled, divide filling between the tarts. Top with chocolate shavings and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Kids Can Do
- Mix the filling
- Fill the tarts
- Sprinkle the chocolate