Nov 02, 2020
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cranberry Curd Tart
- 1 package Cappello's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 10 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, beans scraped
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Evenly press Cappello's Chocolate Chip Cookie dough into an 8-inch tart mold with a removable base.
- Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake until the crust is golden brown, 14-16 minutes (note, you may have to use the back of a wooden spoon to press down the cookie dough halfway through baking to prevent it from puffing up too much). Remove from oven and let cool. Leave the oven on.
- While the crust is cooling, prepare the cranberry curd. In a medium saucepan add the cranberries, orange juice, and zest. Place on a stove set to medium-high heat and cook until the cranberries break down and mixture has reduced slightly, 10-15 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and discard the cranberry skins.
- Return the strained cranberry mixture to the saucepan and add the sugar, butter, egg, egg yolk, vanilla pod and seeds, and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until the curd thickens and registers 170°F on a thermometer, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Discard vanilla pod and strain curd through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Pour the curd into the baked cookie crust.
- Bake tart until the curd has set (it will still jiggle slightly), 8-10 minutes.
- Let tart cool at room temperature for about 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill completely before topping with meringues and candied cranberries (if using). Slice and serve.
Kids Can Do
- Press the dough into the tart pan
- Help with candied cranberries
- Decorate the tart