Sep 15, 2020
Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 package Cappello's Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
- 1/2 quart cookies and cream ice cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- Allow the dough to thaw.
- Remove the wrapping from the cookie dough and cut into 8 equal size pieces.
- Press the cookie dough out until they are about 2-3 inches in diameter and about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place on a lined or sprayed baking sheet and cook at 350 F for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies cool, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, scoop about 1/4 cup (or more) of the ice cream onto the bottom cookie then gently and slowly press the top cookie onto the ice until it reaches the edges.
- Dip the cookie sandwich halfway into the melted chocolate and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes and enjoy.
Kids Can Do
- Press the dough to make the cookie shape
- Mix the melted chocolate
- Dip the cookie sandwich