Mar 16, 2021
Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 4 ounces cooked corned beef, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper finely diced
- 1 cup roasted potato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4-6 slices of cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium skillet placed over medium heat. Add corned beef, onion and pepper. Cook until onion and pepper have softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add potatoes, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook until potatoes are warmed, 3-4 minutes.
- Crack eggs and add to the pan. Cook until eggs have just set, 2-3 minutes.
- For assembly, cut the crust in half and spread the outsides with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Lay 2-3 slices of cheddar on the bottom. Pile the hash on top of the cheese. Top with 2-3 more slices of cheese, followed by the other half of the crust.
- Place the assembled sandwich on a hot panini press and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese has melted and grill marks appear. Serve warm with hot sauce.
Kids Can Do
- Make the layers of the sandwich