Dairy-free, Gluten-free White Pizza by Primal Palate
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Onion, minced
2 cloves Garlic, minced or pressed
1/3 cup Coconut Cream, (the thick cream in a can of coconut milk)
1 1/2 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning
1 tsp Nutritional Yeast, optional
1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
1 whole Naked Pizza Crust (Cappello's)
4 oz Dairy-free Ricotta (Kite Hill)
1/2 tsp dried Oregano, optional
• Start by bringing the sauce together in a medium sauce pan on the stove. Add the olive oil to the pan over medium heat and saute the minced onions until translucent (about 8-10 minutes).
• Add the minced or pressed garlic, and saute for another minute or two.
• Scoop the thick cream off the top of a can of coconut milk. You'll need about 1/3 of a cup.
• Add it to the sauce and stir to combine.
• Add the Primal Palate Garlic & Herb seasoning to the sauce, along with the nutritional yeast (optional, but gives a more cheesy flavor), and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring, then remove from heat.
• Heat grill to high heat. Ideally grill will be 400F - 500F for cooking. If you don't have access to a grill, heat your oven to 425F.
• Top the pizza crust with the sauce, avoiding the oil that has separated from the sauce itself.
• A little oil is okay, but the sauce will get oily, so just avoid excess.
• Add crumbled dairy-free ricotta to the top of the pizza. You can sprinkle a little extra oregano on the top, which I think improves the flavor.
• Place the pizza directly on the hot grill (or on the oven rack). After about 8-10 minutes, turn off the burners under the pizza and allow it to cook for a few more minutes to get it extra crispy.
• The edges of the crust will get golden brown. If you like it cooked less, you can adjust the times down a bit.
• Transfer the pizza to a cutting board or pizza stone, slice, and serve.