Aug 13, 2017
Dairy-free, Gluten-free White Pizza by Primal Palate
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup coconut cream, (the thick cream in a can of coconut milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 4 ounces dairy-free ricotta (Kite Hill)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, optional
- Start by bringing the sauce together in a medium sauce pan on the stove. Add the olive oil to the pan over medium heat and saute the minced onions until translucent (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add the minced or pressed garlic, and saute for another minute or two.
- Scoop the thick cream off the top of a can of coconut milk. You'll need about 1/3 of a cup.
- Add it to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the Primal Palate Garlic & Herb seasoning to the sauce, along with the nutritional yeast (optional, but gives a more cheesy flavor), and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring, then remove from heat.
- Heat grill to high heat. Ideally grill will be 400F - 500F for cooking. If you don't have access to a grill, heat your oven to 425F.
- Top the pizza crust with the sauce, avoiding the oil that has separated from the sauce itself.
- A little oil is okay, but the sauce will get oily, so just avoid excess.
- Add crumbled dairy-free ricotta to the top of the pizza. You can sprinkle a little extra oregano on the top, which I think improves the flavor.
- Place the pizza directly on the hot grill (or on the oven rack). After about 8-10 minutes, turn off the burners under the pizza and allow it to cook for a few more minutes to get it extra crispy.
- The edges of the crust will get golden brown. If you like it cooked less, you can adjust the times down a bit.
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board or pizza stone, slice, and serve.