Nov 06, 2020
Fall Harvest Pizza
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz. pancetta
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 Tuscan kale leaf, stem removed and torn into bite-size pieces
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- flake salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Peel and cut the butternut squash into small 1/2-inch cubes.
- Toss squash in oil, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 18-20 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- While the butternut squash cooks, place a small skillet over medium heat and add the pancetta when hot.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes or until browned and crispy. Remove from heat and pour pancetta onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Remove the squash from the oven and set aside.
- To assemble the pizza, spread the ricotta cheese over the base and top with the butternut squash, pancetta, kale, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Remove from the oven sprinkle with flake salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Kids Can Do
- Toss the butternut squash in seasonings
- Tear the kale
- Decorate the pizza