Sep 23, 2019
Fig, Pancetta, and Gorgonzola Pizza
This recipe offers a taste of what it would be like to have a professional wardrobe stylist on staff to dress your Almond Flour Naked Crust. After all, who hasn’t used a birthday wish on that fantasy? Look at this carefully assembled ensemble of sweet (fig), salty (pancetta), and savory (gorgonzola and fontina) flavors. It’s sure to delight any table it sets its crispy crust on. And it works with whatever you are or aren’t wearing. That’s the beauty of pizza. It doesn’t care about our clothes. It’s pizza!
- 1 Cappello’s Naked Crust
- 2 ounces shredded fontina cheese
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh figs, sliced
- 1 ounce uncured pancetta
- 3 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola, divided
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch flakey sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Sprinkle fontina evenly over the base of the crust. Top with garlic, figs, pancetta and 2 tablespoons of the gorgonzola. Bake 13-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine arugula with the olive oil, a pinch of flakey sea salt, and black pepper.
- Remove pizza from the oven, and top with arugula and remaining 1 tablespoon of gorgonzola. Drizzle with honey, if desired.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes