May 21, 2020
Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Pizza
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 3 teaspoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- a few dashes of fish sauce
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce, homemade or store bought
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds and honey to garnish
- Whisk together the honey, garlic, soy sauce, sriracha, rice wine vinegar and fish sauce; place the meat in an airtight container, pour the marinade over the chicken and allow it to sit for 30 minutes up to overnight.*
- Turn your grill to medium heat.
- When ready, cook the chicken on the grill until it is golden brown on both sides, about 5-7 minutes each side.
- While the chicken cooks mix together the pizza sauce and sriracha and spread it onto the crust.
- Sprinkle the cheese, then slice the chicken and add it over the cheese.
- Grill for 11-15 minutes or until the crust is crisp and the cheese is very melty.
- Top with green onions, sesame seeds and drizzle with honey.
- Makes enough chicken for 2 pizzas.
Kids can do
- Whisk the marinade
- Mix the sriracha and pizza sauce then spread it onto the pizza.
- Add the final toppings after it comes off the grill