Sep 03, 2020
Grilled Spanish Hawaiian Pizza
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 3 pineapple rings
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 3 slices jamon iberico
- 1/4 cup queso fresco or cotija cheese, for garnish
- Turn the grill to medium heat.
- Place the pineapples directly on the grates and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the grill and slice into quarters.
- Whisk together the tomato paste, olive oil, cayenne pepper and chili powder, then spread the sauce onto the crust.
- Sprinkle the cheese onto the sauce, then add the pineapples and jamon iberico.
- Place the crust directly onto the grates and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and top with the queso or cotija and a sprinkle of chili powder.
Kids Can Do
- Whisk the sauce ingredients
- Spread the sauce
- Sprinkle the cheese