Aug 12, 2020
Grilled Strawberry Chicken Ricotta Pizza
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded gouda
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- To make the balsamic glaze:
- Mix balsamic vinegar with brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and continue to simmer until glaze is reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Store excess in the refrigerator.
- Whisk together the oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Coat the chicken in the marinade, cover and chill for at least an hour or up to overnight.
- Turn grill to medium, coat the grates with oil and cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When cool to the touch, dice the chicken.
- Sprinkle the gouda onto the pizza then add the ricotta on pizza in dollops about 2 tbsp in size.
- Top with strawberries and chicken.
- Grill for 11-15 minutes or until the crust is crisp and the cheese is very melty.
- Remove from the grill and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
Kids Can Do
- Measure out ingredients for balsamic glaze and marinade
- Add toppings to pizza
- Drizzle the glaze