Oct 22, 2020
Halloween Candy Pizza Recipe
- 1 Cappello’s Naked Crust
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin butter (or other fruit spread)
- ½ pound licorice ropes
- Candy eyeballs
- Organic gummy worms
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a baking sheet on the middle rack while the oven preheats. Remove crust from plastic and cardboard tray, and place frozen crust directly on the preheated baking sheet. Cook for 13 minutes or until just golden brown.
- While crust bakes, braid and twist the licorice to create a variety of long ropes. These can be as thick or intricate as you’d like.
- Remove crust from oven and cool completely. Spread pumpkin butter over the top in an even layer.
- Lay six licorice ropes over the crust parallel to each other and evenly spaced. Use longer ropes in the middle and shorter towards the edges of the crust
- Position pizza in front of you with licorice ropes facing away. Carefully fold back the second, fourth, and sixth ropes towards you then lay a shorter rope perpendicular to other ropes. Unfold second, fourth, and sixth ropes over the new rope.
- Fold back the first, third and fifth ropes towards you then lay another licorice rope across the crust. Unfold the first, third and fifth strips over the new rope.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 until the crust is covered with a licorice lattice. Trim any licorice hanging over the edge of the crust with scissors.
- Decorate the pizza with candy eyeballs and gummy worms, as desired. Enjoy!
Kids Can Do
- Spread pumpkin butter over crust
- Braid licorice
- Decorate with candy