Dec 17, 2019
Holiday Wreath Breakfast Pizza
- 1 Cappello’s Naked Crust
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Sauté pepper, onion, and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add eggs to pan. As eggs begin to set, gently fold eggs with a spatula until eggs are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs from heat and fold in cherry tomatoes, spinach, and bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut a circle in the middle of the Naked Crust to make the “wreath”. You can save the center piece for another use.
- Spread pesto in an even layer over the crust. Top with scrambled eggs.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, or until crust is just beginning to crisp up.
- Remove from oven, and top with crumbled feta, and fresh basil.
- Garnish with fresh dill.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes