Apr 26, 2018
Lemon Primavera Pasta
This pasta is great with shrimp tossed in or alongside halibut, salmon, or even chicken. This dish is also hearty enough to stand alone for a fulfilling and satisfying dinner – a perfect option for meatless Monday.
- 1 package Cappello’s Fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 12 ounces of organic baby tomatoes, whole
- 1 cup white wine (or sub with more bone broth)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 organic yellow squash, sliced
- 2 organic zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups packed organic fresh spinach
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh basil and mint, chopped for garnish
- Optional: Any variety of your favorite seasonal vegetables: eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, 1 tablespoon of gelatin or arrowroot to further thicken the sauce
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee over medium heat. Add shallots and salt once ghee has melted. Cook for 3 minutes until shallots have softened.
- Add black pepper, Italian seasoning, whole baby tomatoes and 1 cup of wine. Cook until liquid has reduced by at least half, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta.
- Add garlic, bone broth, squash and zucchini to the skillet. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes until the tomatoes have all burst. If using gelatin or arrowroot, slowly whisk in to ensure no clumps.
- Remove lid and stir in spinach until wilted.
- Drop the pasta in the boiling water and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee, lemon zest & juice, and drained pasta.
- To serve, garnish with chopped herbs.
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 40 mins
- Serves: 4-6
- Original recipe by Shanon of Vivacity Buzz