Apr 26, 2018
Lemon Primavera Pasta
This pasta is great with shrimp tossed in or alongside halibut, salmon, or even chicken. This dish is also hearty enough to stand alone for a fulfilling and satisfying dinner – a perfect option for meatless Monday.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 40 mins
3 T ghee
1 medium shallot, diced
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
12 oz. of organic baby tomatoes, whole
1 c white wine (or sub with more bone broth)
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 c chicken bone broth
1 organic yellow squash, sliced
2 organic zucchini, sliced
2 c packed organic fresh spinach
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 box of Cappello’s Paleo FettuCcine
Handful of fresh basil and mint, chopped for garnish
Any variety of your favorite seasonal vegetables: eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, asparagus
1 T of gelatin or arrowroot to further thicken the sauce
- In a large skillet, heat 1 T of ghee over medium heat. Add shallots and salt once ghee has melted. Cook for 3 minutes until shallots have softened.
- Add black pepper, Italian seasoning, whole baby tomatoes and 1 c of wine. Cook until liquid has reduced by at least half, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta.
- Add garlic, bone broth, squash and zucchini to the skillet. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes until the tomatoes have all burst. If using gelatin or arrowroot, slowly whisk in to ensure no clumps.
- Remove lid and stir in spinach until wilted.
- Drop the pasta in the boiling water and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add remaining 2 T of ghee, lemon zest & juice, and drained pasta.
- To serve, garnish with chopped herbs.
Original recipe by Shanon of Vivacity Buzz