Lemon Primavera Pasta
This pasta is great with shrimp tossed in or alongside halibut, salmon, or even chicken. This dish is also hearty enough to stand alone for a fulfilling and satisfying dinner – a perfect option for meatless Monday.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 40 mins
3 T ghee
1 medium shallot, diced
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
12 oz. of organic baby tomatoes, whole
1 c white wine (or sub with more bone broth)
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 c chicken bone broth
1 organic yellow squash, sliced
2 organic zucchini, sliced
2 c packed organic fresh spinach
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 box of Cappello’s Paleo FettuCcine
Handful of fresh basil and mint, chopped for garnish
Any variety of your favorite seasonal vegetables: eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, asparagus
1 T of gelatin or arrowroot to further thicken the sauce
- In a large skillet, heat 1 T of ghee over medium heat. Add shallots and salt once ghee has melted. Cook for 3 minutes until shallots have softened.
- Add black pepper, Italian seasoning, whole baby tomatoes and 1 c of wine. Cook until liquid has reduced by at least half, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta.
- Add garlic, bone broth, squash and zucchini to the skillet. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes until the tomatoes have all burst. If using gelatin or arrowroot, slowly whisk in to ensure no clumps.
- Remove lid and stir in spinach until wilted.
- Drop the pasta in the boiling water and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add remaining 2 T of ghee, lemon zest & juice, and drained pasta.
- To serve, garnish with chopped herbs.
Original recipe by Shanon of Vivacity Buzz