Apr 26, 2018
Lemon Primavera Pasta
- 3 T ghee
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 12 oz. of organic baby tomatoes, whole
- 1 c white wine (or sub with more bone broth)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 c chicken bone broth
- 1 organic yellow squash, sliced
- 2 organic zucchini, sliced
- 2 c packed organic fresh spinach
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 box of Cappello’s Paleo FettuCcine
- Handful of fresh basil and mint, chopped for garnish
- Optional: Any variety of your favorite seasonal vegetables: eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, 1 T of gelatin or arrowroot to further thicken the sauce
- In a large skillet, heat 1 T of ghee over medium heat. Add shallots and salt once ghee has melted. Cook for 3 minutes until shallots have softened.
- Add black pepper, Italian seasoning, whole baby tomatoes and 1 c of wine. Cook until liquid has reduced by at least half, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta.
- Add garlic, bone broth, squash and zucchini to the skillet. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes until the tomatoes have all burst. If using gelatin or arrowroot, slowly whisk in to ensure no clumps.
- Remove lid and stir in spinach until wilted.
- Drop the pasta in the boiling water and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add remaining 2 T of ghee, lemon zest & juice, and drained pasta.
- To serve, garnish with chopped herbs.
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 40 mins
- Serves: 4-6
- Original recipe by Shanon of Vivacity Buzz