Mar 05, 2017
Lobster Pizza by Primal Palate
- 1 Cappello's Naked Pizza Crust
- 2/3 cups onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, 3 for topping, 2 for sauce
- 1/2 cup shallot, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon Primal Palate Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 8 ounces lobster
- 2 cups organic heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cups Parmesan Cheese, shredded fine
- 3/4 cups Ricotta Salata, (aged, dry ricotta)
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced thin on the bias (about 1 stalk)
- Begin by sautéing 3 minced cloves of garlic and 1 whole shallot (sliced) in 1 Tbsp of olive oil, until soft. Set aside.
- Steam the lobster pieces for about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool, then separate meat from shells. Save both the shells and the meat.
- Make the sauce: Saute half an onion (diced) and 2 cloves of garlic (minced) in 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the Primal Palate Seafood Seasoning, 1/2 cup of champagne or dry white wine, 1 Tbsp of tomato paste, and 2 cups of heavy cream. Stir to bring together. Add the lobster shells. Simmer over medium heat and reduce by half. Strain the sauce and allow to cool.
- Chop the lobster meat, and stir into the pizza sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and preheat a pizza stone if you have one.
- Shred the Parmesan and Ricotta Salata cheese (about a handful of each).
- Assemble the pizza: on the Cappello's Naked Crust, add the shredded cheese, then the lobster sauce, then the sauteed shallot and garlic mixture. Spread every layer evenly out to the crust.
- Place the pizza on the hot pizza stone, and bake for 15 minutes. If the cheese isn't completely melted at the end of 15 minutes, turn the oven off and let the pizza stay in the oven another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onion, and serve hot.
- Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.