Nov 14, 2019
Mushroom, Leek and Brussels Sprouts Pizza (Plant Paradox friendly)
- 1 Cappello’s Naked Crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (we used cremini and shitake)
- ¼ cup sliced leeks
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, and leeks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté 5-7 minutes. Stir in basil.
- Toss together 1 tablespoon of olive and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
- Spread fig jam evenly over the pizza crust, and sprinkle with half of the gruyere.
- Top with the mushroom mixture and Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle on remaining cheese.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, or until crust is crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in the same skillet used for the mushrooms. Fry sage leaves about 2 minutes per side, or until crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Once pizza is cooked, remove from oven and top with red pepper flakes, walnuts, and crispy sage leaves.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes