Oct 15, 2020
Paleo & Dairy Free Pumpkin Sauce Pizza with Grilled Chicken and Kale
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 skinless chicken breast, grilled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked in 1/2 cup water for at least 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (we love Malk)
- 2 tablespoons vegan yogurt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small mixing bowl add the pumpkin puree, salt, black pepper, paprika, red pepper, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- To assemble the pizza, spread the pumpkin mixture over the base of the crust.
- Layer the chicken breast, kale, garlic, and rosemary over the top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- While the pizza is cooking, make the sauce. Drain the cashews then add to the bowl of a small food processor along with the remaining ingredients for the sauce. Puree until smooth, adjusting seasoning as needed.
- Remove pizza from the oven and drizzle the sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
Kids Can Do
- Mix the pumpkin sauce ingredients.
- Assemble the ingredients
- Drizzle the sauce