Aug 28, 2019
Pasta with Vodka Sauce (Keto-Friendly)
We’re warning you. This keto-friendly Pasta with Vodka Sauce recipe will get you drunk with joy. It’s simple to prepare. But knowing when to say “when” may not be so simple. The vodka unlocks subtle flavors in the double concentrated tomato paste while the rich buttery ghee and heavy cream add creamy layers of irresistibility. The mouthwatering dimensions of pleasure the Parmesan, basil, and garlic bring to the table deserve a grain free mention as well. Ok, we need to stop and make this right now.
- 1 package Cappello’s Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons double-concentrated tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomato paste and red pepper flakes and stir. Continue to cook, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Pour in the vodka and stir well, scraping the bottom of the pot. Reduce heat to low and add ghee. Slowly add heavy cream to the skillet stirring constantly. Remove sauce from heat.
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add ¼ cup pasta water to the skillet and stir to combine. Stir in 1 ounce of Parmesan, and continue to stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper. If the sauce is too thick, add more of the reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, to thin as needed.
- Add cooked fettuccine to skillet, and stir until noodles are coated in sauce.
- Serve warm topped with remaining Parmesan and fresh basil leaves, as desired.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes