Oct 08, 2020
Pressed Reuben Panini
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 4 slices Corned Beef or Pastrami
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup Russian dressing, homemade or store-bought
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chile sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- Thaw the crust.
- If making homemade dressing, whisk all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Cut the crust in half and spread the outsides of the crust with melted butter.
- Lay 2 pieces of cheese on the bottom, followed by the sauerkraut, Russian dressing, meat, 2 more pieces of cheese and finally the other half of the crust.
- Place the assembled sandwich on a hot panini press (425 if you can control the temperature) and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese in melted and grill marks appear.
Kids Can Do
- Butter the crust
- Help assemble the sandwich