May 10, 2021
Ravioli Vodka Pasta Bake
- 2 packages Cappello’s Five Cheese Ravioli
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon (3 cloves) garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces vodka
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 4 ounces (1 cup) grated parmesan, divided
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
Preheat oven to 425 F.
In a 9-inch or 10-inch skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly until translucent, 4-5 minutes.
Add tomato paste, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly until paste coats the shallots and begins to stick to the pan, 2-3 minutes.
Add vodka to the pan and stir until combined. Remove pan from heat and stir in heavy whipping cream, vegetable broth, spinach and 2-ounces (½ cup) parmesan.
Cook the ravioli: To a large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add frozen ravioli and cook for 7-8 minutes. Drain water and add the cooked ravioli to the vodka sauce. Stir to coat the pasta.
Top with the remaining 2 ounces (½ cup) parmesan.
Place the skillet in the oven and bake until cheese begins to brown and sauce is bubbling, 10-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Kids Can Do
- Help measure the ingredients
- Sprinkle the parmesan and herbs over the ravioli