Dec 10, 2020
Spaghetti ai Carciofi
- 1 package Cappello's Spaghetti, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup green olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan, for finishing
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, for finishing
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the anchovy and garlic and cook, breaking the anchovy into pieces until fragrant but not browned, 1-2 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Cook stirring constantly until tomatoes break down and sauce thickens, 7-9 minutes. Remove sauce from heat.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the pan, and stir until noodles are coated in sauce.
- Top with Parmesan and fresh basil and serve.
Kids Can Do
- Help measure ingredients
- Toss spaghetti
- Add the parmesan and fresh basil