Oct 28, 2019
Spanakopita Pizza (Plant Paradox friendly)
- 1 Cappello’s Naked Crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta, divided
- ¼ teaspoon Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Add spinach and sauté until wilted, about 1 minute. Add ricotta and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a fine-mesh strainer to drain excess liquid. Return to pot and stir in parsley, dill, 1/4 cup feta, Super Gyro seasoning, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread spinach mixture evenly over pizza crust. Sprinkle pine nuts and remaining 1/4 cup feta over spinach mixture. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until crust is crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, to taste.
- Pizza can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes