Oct 28, 2019
Spanakopita Pizza (Plant Paradox friendly)
- 1 Cappello’s Naked Crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta, divided
- ¼ teaspoon Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Add spinach and sauté until wilted, about 1 minute. Add ricotta and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a fine-mesh strainer to drain excess liquid. Return to pot and stir in parsley, dill, 1/4 cup feta, Super Gyro seasoning, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Spread spinach mixture evenly over pizza crust. Sprinkle pine nuts and remaining 1/4 cup feta over spinach mixture. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until crust is crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, to taste.
4. Pizza can be served warm or at room temperature.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes