Mar 26, 2021
Strawberry Pop Tarts
- 1 package Cappello's Lasagna
- 1 17-ounce jar strawberry jam
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 drops all natural red food coloring, if desired
- sprinkles, any color, as desired
- crushed freeze-dried strawberry, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the lasagna into 14 4x5 pieces.
- Place 3 rounded tablespoons of jam into the center of 1 lasagna sheet then brush the edges with the beaten egg and place another piece on top; press the edges to create a tight seal.
- Repeat until all lasagna sheets have been used.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, whisk together the water, powdered sugar, vanilla and food coloring to make the icing.
- Decorate your pop tart however you'd like then immediately top with sprinkles and allow the frosting to harden for at least an hour.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Kids Can Do
- Fill the pop tart
- Brush the egg wash