Apr 26, 2018
Summer Pesto Pizza
This pizza is not only delicious but packed with protein and veggies, and is a fresh option for the hot summer months.
- 1 Cappello’s Naked Pizza Crust
- 1/4 batch Whole Body Healing’s Pesto (see below)
- 1 organic chicken breast, cooked
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup diced shallot
- 1 cup arugula
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup arugula (spinach or kale work well too!)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place chicken in a stand mixer, turn on high until shredded. Set aside.
- Spread a layer of Whole Body Healing’s Pesto over Cappello’s Naked Crust.
- Add shredded chicken and small chunks of goat cheese onto pesto pizza crust.
- Place in the oven and cook as directed (9-11 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, toss arugula with olive oil, lemon, salt, and diced shallot.
- Once crust is golden brown, pull the pizza out of the oven and top with arugula mixture.
- Pesto: Place all ingredients except olive oil in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Blend on low while running a slow drizzle of olive oil into the blender.
- Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Yields about 1 cup of pesto (I also used about 1/4 of a cup in this pasta recipe)
- Original recipe by Georgia of Whole Body Healing