Prep time 30 mins Cook time 35-45 mins Total time 65-75 mins
2 tsp sea salt plus more for salting the eggplant
1 lb. of organic ground turkey
1 tsp cracker black pepper
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Lemon cashew ricotta “cheese” (recipe below)
3 ½ c of your favorite pasta sauce
1 box of Cappello’s Grain free lasagna noodles
1 cup of your favorite cheese (can be dairy free)
Fresh chopped basil for garnish
EVOO for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut away skin and ends from eggplant. Slice eggplant thinly lengthwise to replicate the same shape of lasagna noodles.
- Lay each slice of eggplant across a few paper towels. Sprinkle sea salt liberally over each slice. Let sit while you brown the meat.
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet over medium high heat. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Spoon 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of an 8.5 x 11 glass baking dish.
- Layer 2 sheets of lasagna noodles over sauce.
- Remove any excess oil from the ground turkey and spread evenly over noodles.
- Add 1 ½ cups of sauce over ground turkey.
- Using a few paper towels, pat excess water off of the eggplant.
- Layer eggplant over meat & sauce.
- Spread the lemon cashew ricotta “cheese” evenly over eggplant with a rubber spatula.
- Layer 2 sheets of lasagna noodles over cashew ricotta.
- Top noodles with 1 c of sauce, cheese, EVOO, and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning, sea salt & pepper.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 30-40 minutes until warmed throughout.
- Remove foil and pop back in for remaining 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and brown.
- Let lasagna cool for 5 minutes before cutting into large even squares.
- Serve with some fresh chopped basil and devour.
Lemon Cashew Ricotta “Cheese”
1.5 c cups of raw cashews
3 T water, plus more for soaking the cashews
2T lemon juice
4-5 large fresh basil leaves
1 tsp of sea salt
¼ tsp cracker black pepper
2 T coconut aminos
2 T nutritional yeast
- Soak 1.5 cups of cashews in hot water for at least an hour.
- Drain water from cashews after they have thoroughly soaked. Place cashews, lemon juice, basil, sea salt, pepper, coconut aminos, and nutritional yeast into a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high slowly adding in the 3 T of water until it makes a ricotta cheese like consistency.
Original recipe by Shanon of Vivacity Buzz