Sweet Potato Ravioli with Rosemary Brown Butter
-Sweet Potato Ravioli with Rosemary Brown Butter by @thekelseyale
Makes 3-4 servings (30-35 ravioli)
- ¾ cup baked sweet potato, lightly mashed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1-2 tbsp avocado oil, for sauteing
- 1 package Cappello’s lasagna noodles, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 large sprig of rosemary
- Salt, to taste (or use salted butter)
- Heat the avocado oil in a small frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallot and saute until tender, 3-5 minutes. As the shallot get closer to be done add garlic so it cooks down a bit.
- Combine all filling ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. Transfer the filling mixture to a small bowl and set it aside.
- Remove the lasagna noodles from the package and stack them flat.
- Cut the noodles width-wise into 2-inch strips and set them to the side.
- Working 1-2 at a time, use a spoon or pastry brush to brush a noodle strip with a little water, then scoop 1 tsp of filling into the center of it. Carefully fold the noodle strip in half and firmly pinch the top to seal it. Then pinch the bottom corners shut and work your way up the sides to seal the ravioli. Repeat with all remaining noodles strips.
- To prepare the brown butter sauce, heat the butter in a small frying pan over medium. Add the rosemary sprig and saute until the butter is fragrant and begins to brown.
- Add the salt to taste and set aside.
- Heat a large pot of water to boil. Working in batches add the ravioli to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes or until done. Remove the cooked ravioli and repeat with the remaining ones. When all the ravioli is cooked drizzle the warm butter over it and enjoy!