Apr 19, 2018
White Pizza with Olives
This recipe has a long history. My Mom has been making it for as long as I can remember and everyone is in love with it. It never really had a name, so I'm simply calling it White pizza with Olives and because of the amazing crust created from the amazing company Cappello's it is also gluten and grain free. Healthy pizzas make me so happy and I promise, this one does not disappoint! The saltiness from the olives, the creaminess from the cheese and the perfect crunch of the crust, makes this creation a homerun. With this recipe, you will have enough topping for two pizzas.
- 2 Cappello's Naked Pizza Crusts
- 1 can black olives
- 1 jar green oilves with pimentos
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 tsp. quality mayo (I used Primal Kitchen)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Cheddar, but Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack or a combination of your favorite will work too)
- 1/2 raw or sauteed chopped onion
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- Chop 1/2 onion (if you prefer sauteed, in a small skillet with a Tbs. of Olive oil, slightly brown onions and set aside)
- Open cans, jars of olives and strain liquid. using a food processor or hand chopper, chop olives into a course dice.
- Transfer olives into a medium sized bowl, add shredded cheese (HINT, shred your own cheese. Many already packaged shredded cheeses contain fillers like corn starch to keep them from clumping together.) 1/2 tsp. mayo, onion and fresh parsley.
- Stir all ingredients together, until completely combined.
- Split topping in half and cover each pizza crust
- Bake on a 425° F for 10-12 minutes or until crust is desired crispness
- Top with fresh parsley
- Original recipe by Amy of Well and Pretty