White Sauce & Sausage Fettuccine
This pasta recipe is a delicious mix of creamy and savory while packed with protein and fiber.
3⁄4 cup of cashews (for best results, soaked up to 8 hours)
2 garlic cloves
1⁄4 cup of diced yellow onion
8 oz. of coconut cream (about half a can)
1 tbsp. of coconut flour
1⁄4 tsp. of salt
1⁄4 tsp. of pepper
1 tbsp. of grass-fed butter or ghee
2 oz. of goat cheese (optional if dairy free)
1 head of broccoli
2 large, mild Italian sausages
1 box of Cappello’s Fettuccine
(yields 2 cups of sauce suitable for one box of Cappello’s Fettuccine)
1. Place cashews in a medium size bowl. Cover cashews entirely in water and
soak for 4-8 hours. After soaking, strain cashews. Spread cashews out over a
dishcloth, letting them dry.
2. Dice the onion and peel the garlic.
3. In a high-speed blender or food processor, add coconut cream.
4. Place cashews, diced onion, garlic, coconut flour, salt, and pepper into the
blender with the coconut cream.
5. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until well combined.
6. In a small pot, melt butter or ghee. Once melted, add mixture from the blender.
7. Stir sauce for about 1 minute, and then add goat cheese. Break the cheese
apart if necessary. Mix occasionally until well combined.
8. Heat the sauce for a total of 5 minutes.
1. Boil a medium sized pot of water.
2. While the water boils, cut the broccoli into small florets. Add the broccoli to the
boiling water. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
3. Strain and set aside.
4. In a medium sized skillet, heat the two sausages on low. Cook each side for 5
minutes. The sausages will firm up when complete. Cut into small circular pieces
and set aside.
5. Add Cappello’s Fettuccine to a medium sized pot of boiling water, and cook
according to instructions.
6. Once the fettuccine is strained, place it back the same pot. Add broccoli,
sausage, and white sauce. Mix until well combined.
Makes 5+ servings, about 2.5 cups
Original recipe by Georgia of Whole Body Healing