Apr 27, 2018
White Sauce & Sausage Fettuccine
This pasta recipe is a delicious mix of creamy and savory while packed with protein and fiber.
- 3⁄4 cup of cashews (for best results, soaked up to 8 hours)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup of diced yellow onion
- 8 oz. of coconut cream (about half a can)
- 1 tbsp. of coconut flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. of salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. of pepper
- 1 tbsp. of grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 oz. of goat cheese (optional if dairy free)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 large, mild Italian sausages
- 1 box of Cappello’s Fettuccine
- Sauce: yields 2 cups of sauce suitable for one box of Cappello’s Fettuccine) Place cashews in a medium size bowl. Cover cashews entirely in water and soak for 4-8 hours. After soaking, strain cashews. Spread cashews out over a dish cloth, letting them dry.
- Dice the onion and peel the garlic.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add coconut cream.
- Place cashews, diced onion, garlic, coconut flour, salt, and pepper into the blender with the coconut cream.
- Blend for about 30 seconds, or until well combined.
- In a small pot, melt butter or ghee. Once melted, add mixture from the blender.
- Stir sauce for about 1 minute, and then add goat cheese. Break the cheese apart if necessary. Mix occasionally until well combined.
- Heat the sauce for a total of 5 minutes.
- Boil a medium sized pot of water.
- While the water boils, cut the broccoli into small florets. Add the broccoli to the boiling water. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Strain and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat the two sausages on low. Cook each side for 5 minutes. The sausages will firm up when complete. Cut into small circular pieces and set aside.
- Add Cappello’s Fettuccine to a medium sized pot of boiling water, and cook according to instructions.
- Once the fettuccine is strained, place it back the same pot. Add broccoli, sausage, and white sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Makes 5+ servings, about 2.5 cups
- Original recipe by Georgia of Whole Body Healing