Jan 05, 2021
Winter Greens Pizza
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust Pizza, thawed
- For the Pesto:
- 1 cup kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/3 cup grated vegan Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- For Assembly:
- 5 slices fresh Mozzarella
- 5 slices salami
- 1 tablespoon pitted green olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon roasted red peppers, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack while the oven preheats.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients for the pesto and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Spread pesto evenly on the crust and top with mozzarella slices, salami, olives, red onions, and peppers.
- Place pizza directly on the preheated baking sheet. Cook for 11-15 minutes, or until the crust begins to brown and cheese has melted. Top with fresh basil, slice, and serve.
Kids Can Do
- Add ingredients to food processor
- Pulse to make the pesto
- Spread the pesto
- Decorate the pizza