May 17, 2020
Avocado Pasta with Tomatoes and Peas
- 1 package Cappello's Fettuccini
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
To make the avocado pasta sauce, combine avocados, basil, mayo, oil and parmesan in the bowl of a food processor; blend to combine into a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
Add 1 package of fettuccine to 3-4 quarts of boiling water. Stir to separate strands.
Fettuccine will cook al dente in approximately 90 seconds.
Drain then add to a bowl with the avocado sauce, tomatoes and peas.
Top with flaky salt and serve immediately.
Kids can do:
- Blend the sauce
- Stir the pasta when added to the sauce
- Top with salt