Dec 17, 2019
Baked Chili Lime Chicken Taquitos (Paleo)
- 1 package Cappello’s Lasagna Sheets, cut in thirds
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup shredded dairy-free cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, lime zest and juice, and garlic. Let chicken marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Cook the chicken for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through; remove and set aside.
- Once cooled, shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Sprinkle about a tablespoon of the shredded chicken in a line on the bottom of a lasagna sheet; top with a small sprinkle of cheese and cilantro leaves, and roll as tightly as possible upward; place the taquito seam-side down on a baking sheet to hold as you continue to roll the rest of the taquitos.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to brown.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour