Sep 17, 2021
Baked Gnocchi with Paleo 'Vodka' Sauce
- 2 packages Cappello's Gnocchi, thawed
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced (about 4 cloves)
- 28 ounce can San Marzano Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped, plus more for finishing
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon vodka, optional
- 2 ounces parmesan, vegan or regular
- Turn oven to the ‘broil’ setting.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring constantly until translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Continue to cook, using the spoon to break up the tomatoes, until the sauce comes to a simmer and thickens slightly; about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the vodka (if using) and coconut cream. Stir to combine and bring back to a simmer.
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Add to the sauce in the pan, and stir to coat.
- Pour gnocchi into a baking dish and top with shaved parmesan. Bake until the top is browned and bubbling, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Kids Can Do
- Stir the gnocchi into the sauce
- Sprinkle the cheese on top