Mar 17, 2020
Double Chocolate Cookie Crumble Trifle
- 1 package Cappello's Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 container dairy-free whipped cream
- natural green food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons organic vanilla pudding
- mint leaves, extra whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles for garnish, optional
- Thaw the cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan creating an even layer; bake for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, empty the whipped cream into a large bowl, add in the the food coloring (about 15 drops), peppermint extract and vanilla pudding; gently fold in the coloring until desired hue is reached. Place back in the refrigerator to keep cool.
- When the cookies are done, allow to cool completely then break the cookies into bite size pieces.
- Starting with the cookies alternate them with the whipped cream making layers as thin or thick as you prefer until you've reached the top.
- Garnish with whipped cream, mint leaves or chocolate sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.