Jul 16, 2019
Chicken Sausage Manicotti with Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pecan Pesto
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan (optional)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 box Cappello’s Lasagna Sheets
- 16 ounces hot Italian chicken sausage, casings removed
- 15 ounces ricotta
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- To make the pesto, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage 5-8 minutes, or until brown and cooked through, crumbling with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Drain sausage and place in a large bowl. Stir in ricotta, spinach, and ¼ cup of pesto until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut lasagna sheets in half.
- Place noodles, 2-3 at a time, in boiling water. Cook 90 seconds, stirring gently so they do not stick together. Remove from water, place on a baking sheets lined with parchment paper so they do not touch.
- Continue with remaining noodles.
- Scoop ¼ cup of sausage-ricotta mixture into the center of each lasagna sheet, and roll into a tube.
- Heat the manicotti in the oven, 5-8 minutes, or until warm.
- Serve warm with 2 tablespoons spinach-artichoke pesto, garnished with cherry tomatoes.
- Serves: 6