Feb 11, 2021
Cookie Dough Tart with Vegan Coconut Pastry Cream
- 1 package Cappello's Double Chocolate Cookie Dough, thawed
- For the Vegan Coconut Pastry Cream:
- 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or seeds removed from 1 vanilla bean)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, cubed
- For Garnish:
- 2 cups mixed berries and fresh fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Firmly press the Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough into an 8-inch tart pan. Place in the oven and bake 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are baked through. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before assembling the tart.
- While the tart shell is cooling, make the filling.
- In a medium saucepan, add the coconut milk, almond milk, sugar, arrowroot starch, vanilla and salt. Place on a stove set to medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly until the coconut pastry cream has thickened and is bubbling, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add the cubed vegan butter. Whisk until butter has melted and pastry cream is smooth.
- Transfer cream to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, making sure it touches the surface of the pastry cream so it doesn't form a skin.
- Refrigerate cream until completely chilled, about 1 hour.
- To assemble the tart, pour the chilled pastry cream into the baked tart shell. Top with fresh fruit and serve chilled.
Kids Can Do
- Help press the dough out into the tart container
- Help whisk the filling
- Add the fresh fruit