Oct 28, 2020
Cookie Truffle Tart
- 1 package Cappello's Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 4 ounces good quality semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 ounces good quality chocolate, shaved, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon flake salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and coat in cooking spray.
- Press cookie dough evenly into the base of the prepared pan. Bake until the edges are crisp and the crust is cooked throughout, 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cookie base is cooling, make the ganache. Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan add heavy cream and place on a stove set to medium-high heat. Warm until cream comes to a simmer. Immediately pour cream over chocolate; let rest 2-3 minutes. Gently whisk until smooth. Add vanilla and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour ganache over cooled cookie crust. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Transfer tart to the refrigerator and let rest until chilled, about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, remove tart from the refrigerator and let sit out at room temperature for 15 minutes. Run a knife along the edge of the pan and gently release and remove the springform.
- Top tart with chocolate shavings, pistachios, pomegranate seeds, and salt and cut into wedges (using a knife that has been dipped in hot water and wiped clean helps create a nice, clean line). Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Kids Can Do
- Press the cookie dough into the pan
- Whisk and pour the ganache
- Add the toppings to decorate