Apr 30, 2020
Double Chocolate Cookie Dough Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 package Cappello’s Double Chocolate Cookie Dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 sticks butter (or vegan butter)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, yogurt, oil, milk, vanilla and vinegar, together until combined. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently whisk for a few seconds. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients. Stir until combined; do not over-mix.
- Working over the bowl, break up the cookie dough into bite size pieces, mix to combine.
- Pour or spoon the batter into the liners, evenly disturbing the batter into each one. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Add the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and almond milk into a stand mix and mix on medium until fluffy, smooth and creamy. For a thicker frosting, gradually add in more sugar to reach your desired consistency.
- Top the cupcakes with the frosting using your desired technique and add sprinkles and caramel drizzle (optional).
Kids Can Do
- Whisk ingredients
- Break up the cookie dough
- Frost the cupcakes